Thursday, March 13, 2014

Widgets

Roommate Finder Update

It's been just over 24 hours since I launched The Roommate Finder. We just hit 80 registered people. There was a huge wave of people accepted to the program today, and I feel my site is going to become very popular.

I do have to take a break and congratulate those that
got accepted recently. You know who you are. I would mention you here, but, for privacy reasons I will keep you nameless. But I'm super excited to have friends there when I get there. You guys are such a huge support to me.


There is one of us that got NLIC'd (No Longer In Consideration). This guy was a glue to our group and it is sad he will not be joining us when we start. But in talking to him a bit later, he is determined to get down there in the fall, whatever it takes. I stand behind that fully. Disney believed that completely. In the song "When You Wish Upon A Star", it explains that we can do anything and get anything. I am certain that Walt had a huge hand in the creation of that song. I am certain that if he has the faith and trust, and doubts not that he will make it, I will be enjoying a pizza with him.

Okay, back to business. The site is now picking up people advertising for me. I won't have to touch it soon enough and let it run on its own. Hopefully the site will be revamped with better graphics and skin, but will be used in all other Disney College Programs in the future. I really don't get anything out of it. I placed some ads on it for fun and for tracking purposes. I can actually get some information from clicks. I'm not going to get rich off them. Really! I made just a little over $1 from people being exposed to the ads. That's not going to retire me. But it may pay for a real domain instead of having it as a subdomain on my main photography site.

What would you like to be added to the site?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think!