Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Widgets

Magical Rewards Part 1 (The High Four)

Going with a couple of my latest posts, mainly Creating Magic Moments and Best Advice, I decided to add these few remarks. I assure you this is not a brag fest. Not even an Oktoberfest. (It's February as I write this) This is a chance to show you we I loved working for Disney and why many of you might as well.

I have had great jobs in my life, but none so great as working for a mouse. Quite literally. This first experience of this three part blog is about me working in "The House" or Mickey's house. I didn't get the job very often. Unfortunately! I love it for
many reasons. Guests were ushered into your room with such order and then ushered out in a like manner. They took their shots with "The Big Cheese" and moved on. It was a factory of Mickie Mouse Imaging. Plus on a hot day, the A/C was on full blast. It was a "cool" place to work.

Even though this factory was efficient, it was also quite mundane. Same actions, same kinds of people. Nothing really changed... Well until I showed up. I would tell jokes, I played with the guests that were waiting to get their pictures while someone else didn't want to use PhotoPass. I made that time fly by. Too quickly, it went. So quickly I had almost forgot about my time there and the fun we all had had.

While taking pictures on Main Street USA, my boss came and got me to have a little chat with me. Now we never get talked to while "on stage" (in front of guests), and it NEVER happens that we are asked to leave our post to do so. Needless to say, I thought I was in trouble for something. Bobbie Sue sat me down on a bench and asked me about my time there at the resort and if I was having a good time. This frightened me even more. I told her that I loved my job very much. She pulled out a piece of paper with a gold coin taped to it. This paper was written by one of the cast members that was there the day I was working in the house. I read what you read before you.

It wasn't until I started telling my friends about it that I felt kind of ashamed I didn't have more of these.These coins, I was told, were easy to get in many positions like Parking or Vacation Planning. But then talking to PhotoPass photographers, turns out, these are extremely rare, especially to College Program kids. Needless to say I was on three clouds above nine. Plus it made me want to earn more of these High Fours. I never did, but I know personally, if I was being watched, I would have earned many many more.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think!