Thursday, February 20, 2014

Widgets

Where were you 5 years ago?

I love you, man! This is a shout out to all of my new friends on the Facebook pages for the Fall Disney College Program. Back in 2009 when I was applying and getting accepted, there were very few of us out there that were as social media savvy as there are today. I tried to start a College Program page for just Disneyland. I think I got
40 people at most to join that group. I started my own vlog, which died off due to lack of time, and it didn't seem like many people were too interested in it. I have a little over a 1000 views on only the first of my videos.

But this is not to be a pity party for me, but an acknowledgement of how things have changed. There are groups for everything. Disboards.com is thriving. And so many people are getting their vlogs and blogs set up. I love it, but where was everyone 5 years ago? 

Smart phones were not as popular. The iPhone 3s was the best out there. Most people still had Razrs and other flip phones including myself (LG Shine). Now it's the race between iPhone and Samsung. I understand what happened. It's just amazing. It's crazy cool to see the advancements. We even have people vlogging while using their Google Glass. I would love to do that. I think I found that I plan to do while in Disney World.

What were you using 5 years ago compared to what you use today?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think!